Hamburger recipes are pretty easy to come by. The following recipes are crockpot specific, and are recipes for dips.
CROCKPOT HAMBURGER-SAUSAGE DIP
* 1 pound ground chuck
* 1 cup picante sauce
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 2 pound Velveeta cheese … cut into pieces
* 1 pound pork sausage
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 can Rotel tomatoes
* 3/4 teaspoon oregano
Combine picante sauce, garlic powder, soup, tomatoes, oregano and cheese in Crock Pot. Brown ground chuck and sausage until it is done. Drain very well and place in slow cooker / Crock Pot. Cook on low until cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite chips.
* 2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt to taste
* 2 cans (8-ounces each) tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
* 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
* 2 package (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened and cut in cubes
* 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
In skillet, brown ground beef with onion, discard fat. Pour browned meat and onion into Slow Cooker. Add garlic, salt, tomato sauce, ketchup, oregano, sugar, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and chili powder. Set slow cooker / Crock Pot on LOW until cream cheese has melted and is thoroughly blended, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Stir, taste
and adjust seasoning if desired. Serve with cube French bread or tortilla chips.
If spicier dip is desired, use hot chili powder in place of mild chili powder. Finely chopped jalapenos may be added, if desired.
PARTY HAMBURGER DIP
* 1 pound Hamburger
* 1 1/2 pounds Velveeta
* 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes and chiles
* 1/2 Onion, diced
* 1 8 – 12 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
Brown hamburger, mushrooms & onion; drain. Melt Velveeta in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and simmer (high) for about 30 minutes. Serve with corn chips or crackers. Turn pot to low while serving.
by Kara Kelso