In the realm of spiritual warfare against demonic spirits – one of the ways that demons can enter into a person’s life is through a generational curse line. A curse line can be formed out between a parent and a child if that parent has engaged and crossed over into any type of heavier transgression against the Lord.
The Bible tells us that the sins of the father can be “visited” down the blood line of 3 or 4 generations of future children. The Bible tells us that the wages of sin will always be death. As a result of a sinning parents severe transgressions against the Lord – sometimes demons will be allowed to attach to the sinning parent – and then they will attempt to jump and transfer onto some of the children to form out this curse line.
If that curse line gets formed out – then the demons will follow that child into his adult life and try to get him to commit the same type of sins his sinning parent may have been committing. That is why alcoholic fathers sometimes produce children that also end up becoming alcoholics themselves – all as a result of a curse line that had formed out between the sinning parent and the child – with demons feeding and operating on that curse line trying to influence the child to go in the same direction as his father has been going in.
Here are the 6 steps that will need to be taken in order to properly break a curse line:
1. The first thing you will have to do is be willing to make a full surrender of you and your entire life over to the Lord. The Bible tells us that we first have to be fully submitted to the Lord before we can begin to resist the devil to make him flee from us.
2. The second step is to go before the Lord and confess out the sins of the sinning parent or parents.
3. The third step is to then be willing to fully forgive your parents for whatever they have done to you – no matter how bad or how vicious the abuse has been over the years.
4. The next step is to verbally break any unhealthy soul ties that may have developed between the child and the bad parent.
5. The fifth step is to then verbally, out loud, break the curse lines that the demons have been operating and feeding on over all of those years operating under the power, anointing and authority to be able to do this.
6. The last and final step, once the curse line has been fully broken and severed, is to then verbally command the demons to now leave you in the name of Jesus Christ.
Curse lines can be broken. Christians do not have to put up with the torments and attacks from demons who have may have been following them into their adult lives and into their own marriages as a result of the legal rights given to them by the sinning parent.
The Bible tells us that having lack of knowledge can cause us too go into captivity. However, the reverse is also true. Having the right kind of knowledge can help set you free and get you delivered from any kind of captivity you may have fallen into.
by Mike Bradley