Here are some of the most powerful spirituality quotes to fire you up and help you find zeal in your spiritual work. These are in no particular order. I hope you take benefit from them.
1. “One hour’s meditation on the work of the Creator is better than seventy years of prayer.”
–Prophet Muhammad (s)
This gives us an idea of the power of meditation, and is great motivation to take those few minutes every day to devote to your soul and your creator.
2. “There are no idle thoughts.”
-A Course in Miracles
Thoughts are the framework on which reality is built. Our thoughts shape our reality, so we must be always on guard to make sure our thoughts are constructive and positive.
3. “I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will havenothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself.”
This is the philosophy of the warrior. We must have courage for our spiritual path, and this attitude will get us through when nothing else will. Of all the spirituality quotes here this one sums up this philosophy best.
4. “The stomach is to the body as the heart is to the spirit. As the body is built on what enters the stomach, so the heart is nourished from what the body senses. If the heart does not get what it needs, or is filled with unhealthy things, it becomes a house of sickness.”
-Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani
We usually do not think about impressions that enter our consciousness as food/nourishment, but we should be even more careful with the impressions we allow to enter our heart that the food we allow to enter our bellies.
5. “Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.”
This is a call to self-knowledge, from which all spiritual growth stems. All of these spirituality quotes are a call to self-knowledge in their own way.
6. “You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?”
We must realize that we live far below our legitimate level of existence. Our lives are a precious and amazing thing, and we owe it to ourselves to seek the restoral of our natural state as representatives of God on Earth.
7. “All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?“
This quote goes to the heart of spiritual growth, one big aspect of it being work on our own psychology.
8. “He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still“
Mastery of the self is our primary way of moving towards closeness to Truth and Reality. These spirituality quotes also all have an element of this in them.
9. “A man can be given only what he can use; and he can use only that for which he has sacrificed something.”
This speaks of the universal law that nothing in the universe is free. Everything, even love, has a price that must be paid. Without sacrifice, we do not value something and cannot take benefit from it.
10. “On this path effort never goes to waste, and there is no failure. Even a little effort toward spiritual awareness will protect you from the greatest fear.”
Spiritual development is magic because you can always go back to the place where you left it. Even if you make mistakes and think you have lost all progress, it is there waiting for you when you are ready to return.
I hope you have found these spirituality quotes enlightening and motivating as I have.