According to John McCarthy, who is the father of Artificial Intelligence, an AI is “The science and designing of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent PC programs”.
Artificial intelligence is a way of making a computer robot or a software think intelligently same as an intelligent human thinks. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the concept of having machines “think like humans”.
AI has a huge effect on your life. Whether you are aware or not, it has already influenced your life style and it is very much likely to grow in coming years.
Here are some examples of AI that you are already using in your daily life:
• Your personal assistant Siri – It is an intelligent digital personal assistant on various platform (Windows, Android, and iOS). It provides you an assistance whenever you ask for it using your voice.
• Smart cars – Google’s self-driving car, and Tesla’s “auto-pilot” feature are two examples of Artificial Intelligence.
• Recommended products or Purchase prediction – Large retailers like Amazon, recommend you the products, send coupons to you, offer discounts, target advertisements on the basis of the shopping you earlier had by a predictive analytics algorithm.
• Music and movie recommendation services – Pandora, and Netflix recommend music and movies based on the interest you’ve expressed and judgements you have made in the past.
Other simple examples of AI influencing our daily life are:
– Facebook provides recommended photo tags, using face recognition.
– Amazon provides recommended products, using machine learning algorithms.
– Waze (a GPS and maps app) optimal routes, all at the click of a button.
– Spotify knows my music preferences and curates personalized playlists for me.
As per Marc Benioff, AI is going to impact corporate world, employees will be faster, smarter and more productive. It will learn from the data. Ultimately, it will understand what customers want before even they know and it could be a game-changer in the CRM industry.
Salesforce already bought productivity, and machine learning startups RelatedIQ, Metamind, and Tempo AI in 2014.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) in salesforce is not about time-travelling robots trying to kill us, or evil machines using humans as batteries in giant factories. Here we are not talking about some summer blockbusters, we are talking about the salesforce AI which will make your daily experience smarter, by embedding daily predictive intelligence into your apps.
So, what is AI?
AI is not killer robots; it is killer technology.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the concept of having machines “think like humans” – in other words, perform tasks like reasoning, planning, learning, and understanding language.
Customer focused AI: Salesforce Einstein
Salesforce is focusing on creating a platform for solving the customer problems across Sales, Service, Marketing and IT in a completely new way by using Salesforce Einstein.
Salesforce Einstein is built into the core of the Salesforce Platform. It enables anyone to use clicks or code to build AI-powered apps.
With Salesforce Einstein, we can have answer of these type of questions:
– Are you sure that you are servicing your customers by the right client?
– Are you sure that your customers are getting services on the right channel?
– Is it correct to say that you are offering the right item to the right customer at the right time?
– Is it correct to say that you are using the right channel for marketing your products at perfect time with best substance?
Salesforce Einstein is your data scientist
Einstein is like having your own data scientist dedicated to bringing AI to every customer relationship. It learns from all your data – CRM data, email, calendar, social, ERP, and IoT – and delivers predictions and recommendations in context of what you’re trying to do.
AI has the ability to transform CRM using Salesforce Einstein
– Sales people can spend more time in visiting customers, not in entering data in CRM.
– Sales people can now better understand the customer requirement and when they need it.
– Sales people can close deals faster by predicting the next step for every customer.
– A service agent could suggest a solution to the customer even before he asked for it.
– Service agent can offer cross-sell at the right time to the right customer.
– Marketing user can easily reach to the right customer at the right time.
– Marketing user know who could be the best audience for each campaign.
– He can easily identify the customer requirement so he delivers the perfect content to every customer.
Salesforce Einstein enables everyone to discover new ways, predict outcomes so help in decision making, recommend next steps, and automates most of your activities so that you can spend most of your time in building strong relationship with customers rather than making entries in system.
What will AI give me that I didn’t already have?
Predictive scoring -Predictive lead scoring gives each sales lead a score representing the likelihood it will convert into an opportunity. You also get the reasons
behind the score – for instance the lead source, the industry, or some other factor is an especially strong indicator that a lead will or won’t convert.
Forecasting -AI can also be used to predict the future value of something, like a stock portfolio or a real estate investment. If you’re a sales manager, AI can predict your quarterly bookings and let you know ahead of time whether or not your team is on track to meet its quota.
Recommendations – Anyone who shops online knows that AI makes suggestions for retail purchases, but it can also make smart recommendations for any other product or service category from business software to tax consulting to cargo containers. And AI can also recommend things other than products – for instance, which white paper you should email a prospect in order to optimize your chance to close a deal.
Who can use AI in the enterprise
Anyone in organization can easily use AI to analyze their data, predict and plan next steps, and automate their tasks and decisions. With Einstein’s comprehensive AI for CRM:
• Sales can anticipate next opportunities and exceed customer expectations by knowing what a customer needs before the customer does
• Service can deliver proactive service by anticipating cases and resolving issues before they become problems
• Marketing can create predictive journeys and personalize customer experiences like never before
• IT can embed intelligence everywhere and create smarter apps for employees and customers
What is Machine Learning
Machine learning is the core driver of AI. It’s the concept of having computers learn from data with minimal programming.
by Allie Laine