Xbox error code 13 is an error which often crop ups in the original Xbox gaming console. It happens because of an intrusion of any kind of software that is not from the original manufacturers. This error is actually the inability of the dashboard to launch. It happens because of the lack of the compatibility of the between the new and old dashboard. Many people, who do not have much knowledge about this, will think that the only way to deal with this matter is to send the gaming console to the Microsoft. This is luckily not the only option; you can easily mend this error with ease at home.
There are certain steps that, when taken can help you in fixing this error.
1. First of all, detach the Ethernet cable. You should remove any device that may connect internet to your Xbox gaming console, as you do not require any internet access for this procedure.
2. Then search for a newer Xbox video game. The video games that were all launched after the autumn period of the year 2004, all consist of dashboard update. These games may include Halo 2 and NCAA Football 2005.
3. Put in the video game disc in the Xbox gaming console with its writing face up and then slide the disc drive shut.
4. Now, most of the games that are newly made will install the dashboard all by itself, whereas the other games will need manual functioning for the installation.
5. For those games where the dashboard does not install automatically, go to the main menu and choose “Xbox Live”. The game will start installing the dashboard then.
6. Finally, plug the Ethernet cable back to its socket.
by Balli Asghar