Programming Language C
The C programming language was devised in the early 1970s as a system implementation language for the nascent UNIX operating system. Derived from the type-less language BCPL, it evolved a type structure; created on a tiny machine as a tool to improve a meager programming environment, it has become one of the dominant languages of today.
The C programming language is a popular and widely used programming language for creating computer programs. Programmers around the world embrace C because it gives maximum control and efficiency to the programmer.
Programmers get certain other advantages from Language C as well, like with this language they are able to read and write code for a large number of platforms. Everything, from micro-controllers to the most advanced scientific systems, can be written in C, and many other modern operating systems are written in C as well. Also, it becomes easier for programmers to learn object-oriented C++ language after knowing Language C.
Programming Language C++
C++ is an extension of C, and it is nearly impossible to learn C++ without learning C first. It was named “C with Classes” as it provides classes, but changed to C++ in 1983. It is an object-oriented language and also the most preferred one because object-oriented programs are easier to understand, correct and modify.
The best features of C++ are:
- C++ is a hybrid language-it is possible to program in either, a C-like style, an object-oriented style, or both.
- C++ programs consist of pieces called classes and functions. You can program each piece you may need to form a C++ program. The advantage of creating your own functions and classes is that you will know exactly how they work. You will be able to examine the C++ code.
C++ provides a collection of predefined classes, along with the capability of user-defined classes. The classes of C++ are data types, which can be instantiated any number of times. Class definitions specify data objects (called data members) and functions (called member function). Classes can name one or more parent classes, providing inheritance and multiple inheritances, respectively. Classes inherit the data members and member functions of the parent class that are specified to be inheritable. Therefore it is mainly used for:
- Software Engineering
C++ is a high-level programming language that has some specific aims. For instance, it makes programming more enjoyable for serious programmers. It is also a general-purpose programming language that:
- is a better C
- supports data abstraction
- supports object-oriented programming
- supports generic programming
C++ is used by hundreds of thousands of programmers in essentially every application domain. It has some specific quality that makes it the preferred language. Few of them are stated as below:
- clean enough for successful teaching of basic concepts,
- realistic, efficient, and flexible enough for demanding projects,
- available enough for organizations and collaborations relying on diverse development and execution
- comprehensive enough to be a vehicle for teaching advanced concepts and techniques, and
- commercial enough to be a vehicle for putting what is learned into non-academic use
Thus, C++ is a programming language which is C++ is well-specified, stable, and supported by standard libraries.