Almost any journey is made much easier if you have help from someone that has been down that same path before and can guide you in the right direction. Success with any task is much more likely when you have the right kind of help. That is true for most things and it's also true for those students studying physics. A difficult subject can be made more manageable with help that your child can get from a physics tutor.
But how do you know if your child needs a physics tutor?
1. Has your child asked for help? A rather obvious sign that your child is having problems is when he asks for help. It took a lot of effort on his part and a lot of faith in you as a parent for him to come to you and admit that he has a problem with his school work especially if this is the first subject that he has had trouble with.
2. When you try to help him with his physics homework do you feel like you are in way over your head? No one can be an expert on any subject, not even a parent. It has been a long time since you were in school and maybe you have forgotten a lot of the things you learned because you don't use them everyday or maybe the material has just significantly changed. If you are unable to help him with his homework a physics tutor is definitely worth considering.
3. Is physics a completely new area of study for him? Physics is an advanced science that depends upon some advanced math, if it is the first science class that he has taken in awhile or he hasn't done well in his advanced math classes it may be a bit overwhelming at first. A guiding hand as he navigates through would not be a bad idea.
4. Does he get upset when he tries to do his physics homework? Or refuses to show you his homework assignments? This is definitely a sign that he is having difficulty with the class but for some reason is just not able to ask for help. A physics tutor would benefit him even if it was only to help him with his homework.
5. Maybe you have exactly the opposite problem and your child is bored because he has advanced way past his class? If you have a child that has dreams of going into the aerospace industry then an excellent idea would be to find him a physics tutor that help him in studying at his own pace and advancing on when he is ready without having to wait for classmates to catch up. Give him a head start on the competition for that next seat into outer space.
These are a few of the things that a parent will need to look out for. Watch for these indicators and if you start to notice any of them it may very well be time to start considering a physics tutor for your child.