Awesome Full-body Hockey Workout
“Burpees”, as they’re referred to, are a great full-body workout for any level hockey player. You will work everything from your legs to your arms to your cardio, and each rep takes less than 5 seconds to do. Talk about your efficient workouts!
The way to do a burpee is as follows:
– Start out in a squat position with your hands on the floor in front of you.
– Now quickly kick your feet back behind you so that you’re in a full push-up position.
– Don’t go down and do the push-up (not yet at least – if you are more advanced at doing this, then try it – it adds a whole new element to the workout itself – trust me!)
– Hold the position briefly before returning your feet back in to a squat position.
– Now, leap as high as possible from the squat position – this will really help your on-ice explosiveness (make sure to try and achieve max height with each leap).
– Land on your feet and return to your first position, squatting, with your hands in front of you.
Try to maintain a rapid pace throughout the workout. Do not simply go through the motions with this one – its effectiveness, and what will ultimately help you on the rink, is its focus on exercising of the cardio system. Burpees help you build up your hockey endurance. Taking it easy with this workout will not serve to benefit you at all.
Beginners at this workout should start out by trying to do 10 reps in a row without taking a break. Obviously, the more you do it, the more conditioned you will become and your rep count should be increased.
To see on-ice results, try to fit this workout in 3-4 times a week. You don’t need weights and you don’t need time in a gym – this hockey workout can be done in your own home, so make sure to find the time to fit it in to your schedule.
Unless otherwise stated, PONIREVO and/or its licensors DO NOT own any intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Majority of the site’s content has been scraped and auto posted by a third party artificial intelligence program —– PONIREVO Creation Team.